This blog series is dedicated to the people I most admire answering a quick questionnaire and giving us a glimpse of their inner world.
Tamara and Eric
Years ago, I had a jewelry shop in borne, Barcelona. Eric and Tamara found it by pure coincidence and bought pieces to sell in their hair salon in Portland, Oregon.
Tamara owns many of my pieces herself, a collection that is growing slowly but persistently!
We've only met in person a couple of times, but we have spoken often enough to know we belong to the same tribe: those who collaborate and share their knowledge, communicate honestly, and believe in making things happen your own way.
They are so unique, know how to laugh, and, as a couple, are one of those who really found each other, accepting themselves just the way they are. Recently, I felt very touched while hearing them talk about each other.
We have plans to collaborate more soon, which motivates me because they have the exact vibe I want to be around!
Here are their answers to "Who are you when no one is watching?"
1. Who are you when no one is watching?
Eric - Stone cold ninja. Tamara - I enjoy spending time alone, I’m a happy hermit.
2. Who is your hero and why?
Eric - Barack Obama.
Tamara - My mom.
3. What is your biggest fear?
Eric - Growing too old to keep exploring.
Tamara - Not having options.
4. How would your friends describe you?
Eric - I’m really not sure. I guess it depends on which ones you ask.
5. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
Eric - Einstein, Dalai Lama, Jack White, Greta Thornberg. Tamara - Ram Dass, Alexander McQueen, David Bowie, My Grandma.
6. What's the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Eric - Got married.
Tamara - Got married.
7. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Eric - Stand back. Tamara - Caution May Bite.
8. What life lessons have you had to learn the hard way?
Eric - Don’t wait for help, just get to it.
Tamara - All of them .
9. How do you define beauty?
Eric - Bob Marley said “the most beautiful things are not perfect,
they are special.” I’ll go with that. Tamara - Visual organization with internal chaos.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
Eric - The world.
Tamara - More travel.