This blog series is dedicated to the people I most admire answering a quick questionnaire and giving us a glimpse of their inner world.
I met Ines years ago through jewelry; she started with one necklace and has literally a whole collection of my work. I've made at least 30 pieces for her, and I’ll always be deeply grateful for the people she has introduced me to, my Portuguese clientele, some of whom, with time, have become great friends.
It’s difficult for me to express in words a description that could represent the particular world Ines lives in; it’s her own, the one she has slowly created with many details for her to be completely comfortable in. You can perceive all of that poetry if you happen to find yourself in her house, where I saw visually all of her many passions collected in that magical space.
She’s a romantic. She believes in an oneiric, idealistic, anachronistic type of love, which she surrounds herself with in the people she chooses, in the art she appreciates, in the way she travels, in the books she reads, and in the many stories she has to tell, in a very Ines way, slowly and full of details, which all make sense to her because they belong to her own world.
1. Who are you when no one is watching?
A child enjoying the little things.
2. Who is your hero and why?
People who strive to be authentic and loyal to their values.
3. What is your biggest fear?
A boring life.
4. How would your friends describe you?
Reliable. Someone who invests in life relationships believing the quality of those relationships determines the quality of your own life.
5. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
My Grand Mother, Grand Father, Cindy Sherman and Brad Pitt.
6. What's the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
7. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Don’t touch. Authorized personnel only.
8. What life lessons have you had to learn the hard way?
It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you.
9. How do you define beauty?
Everything that illuminates my soul.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
All kinds of love.